The brief for this project was to design, supply and install 2 x new flue systems complete with smoke abatement and mechanical extraction to serve 2 x solid fuel pizza ovens within the re-development of the Savill Gardens restaurant area. The proposal for this site was for the 2 x Gozney pizza ovens to be clad with a stunning copper finish and our brief was to provide a flue system to match these ovens. We opted to use Poujoulat’s Therminox TI range which is available with a copper finish as standard and was a perfect match for the ovens. Due to the flues being on show within the restaurant area rising at the front of the ovens, we had to take great care ensuring the flues looked as symmetrical as possible despite the architecturally complex “Gridshell” roof.
Key factors for the design included:
- Smoke abatement units to be installed to reduce levels of particulate at discharge and also to fully extinguish any embers passing up the flue due to the combustible roof surface.
- Due to space restrictions within the kitchen area we were unable to utilise standard SMOKI’s with integrated fans and therefore installed their Junior units coupled with exodraft vertical discharge fans at termination point of the systems.
- The flue design needed to incorporate cleaning access’s throughout to ensure that the system could be properly maintained.
The following product specification was used throughout the project:
- Internal Flue – Poujoulat TI – 316 grade stainless steel liner, 32mm insulation cavity, 304 grade stainless steel case clad with copper to match pizza ovens and design theme.
- External Flue – Poujoulat TI – 316 grade stainless steel liner, 32mm insulation cavity, 304 grade stainless steel case powder coated matt black for planning purposes.
- Smoke Abatement Systems – 2 x SMOKI Junior Water Wash Filtration Systems complete with “Protection Panels” to enclose controls, pump and plumbing.
- Fan Systems – 2 x exodraft vertical discharge fan units complete with manual controls to allow chef’s to trim fan draught as required.
The installation of this project was undertaken over a 4 day period from connection to the ovens, installation of the SMOKI units and completion of the beautiful copper risers through the gridshell roof. We liaised closely with Path Design throughout the project to ensure that their brief was met and they were happy with the end result.